Monday 19 March 2007

My Experiments with Truth ... Cigarettes

Last week a colleague from office returned from a short trip abroad and bought a carton of Marlboro Lights for us in the office. I usually smoke Gold Flake (regular size) and have been told by a lot of my smoking friends that it is very difficult (and painful) to change over from your regular brand. So I took this opportunity to check out the other cigarette brands (I tried these brands over the last four days and followed (or preceded) by my regular brand to compare - all comparisons are vis-a-vis the Regular Gold Flake).

Marlboro Lights - I took two packs (of 20 sticks each) from my friend for my personal use. The cigarette is very dangerous in the sense that to regular smokers, it seems that you have not smoked anything even after smoking 4-5 together. Disappointed.

Philip Morris Menthol 100s - Worse than Marlboro - crap. The menthol flavor ruined whatever little taste of tobacco there was. And the longer length of the cigarette prolonged the misery. Pathetic.

Wills Silk Cut - Indian Marlboro Lights - slightly stronger than Marlboro Lights.

Wills Navy Cut - Much better - closer to the regular Gold Flake. I found it a little milder tough.

Classic Milds - Bad - worse than Silk Cut.

Ultra Milds - Worse than Classic Milds.

Gold Flake Kings - Tad milder than the regular one but far better than Milds. I found it a little more bitter compared to regular one.

Returning to the regular Gold Flake today in the morning was absolute bliss.

PS: There are some more brands available in the market prominent among them Insignia, Charms, Capstan and Scissors - would try them out soon.

No comments: